Nails can take a toll on your health and appearance if you don’t know the basics. Nail care is a personal grooming routine that helps maintain your nail’s health, appearance, and length.
These basics help in achieving healthy nail growth and beautiful-looking nails. You need to understand the main components of your nails and how they work together to make them look their best.
How to Take Care Of Your Nails
Nail care is essential for several reasons. If you have brittle nails, you need to keep them moisturized with a good base coat and topcoat. If you are looking for a way to make your nails look shiny and sleek, try using some clear polish on top of other polishes or even on its own.
Nails are a part of our daily life. They are also a part of our beauty routine. Unfortunately, at times it becomes hard to take care of your nails because they tend to break or get stuck in things like jewelry, cuticles, and furniture. When this happens repeatedly, it can be challenging to maintain the health of your nails.
Nails are made up primarily of protein and moisture. The protein helps strengthen the nail while the water keeps it soft and flexible. This article will provide you with information on how to take care of your nails so that you can better maintain their health without spending much time and effort.
Why is it important to care for your nails?
Nails are an essential part of our body, and like any other part of us, they depend on a good diet. If they are not well taken care of, nails can break easily. The dirt, fungus, and bacteria on nails can cause many health problems, especially if you don’t take care of them properly.
Instead of doing everything yourself, it is better to visit a nail salon that offers nail care services. Choosing the best nail salon for you can be difficult, though, because not all salons offer excellent services and customer service. Nevertheless, here is a comprehensive list of things that you can do to take care of your nails:
- Do not bite your nails. It will cause your nails to break and make them look worse. If you have a habit of biting your nails, try using some nail polish remover or a cotton ball soaked in acetone every day and let it sit for two minutes before rinsing off with water.
- You should also avoid using hydrogen peroxide on your cuticles because it will dry them out and cause them to get infected and dry out more.
- Use a good base coat as it protects your nail from day-to-day wear and tears while also giving it some extra shine.
- Massage with olive oil, almond oil, or coconut oil before going to bed every night.
- Use moisturizers with vitamins A and D daily; this will hydrate your nails and make them look shiny.
- Wipe off any residual polish on the nails before using a nail polish remover or wiping with acetone-free wipes
- Use a hand lotion with vitamin E that helps repair dry, rough, and brittle nails.
- Use cuticle oil that moisturizes the skin around the nail bed and prevents dryness from taking place- this will also make your nail color last longer.